Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sharing of Thoughts

I remembered my leader told me before, one of the reason people feel unhappy is because their action is different from their thought. Recently I truly understand what she meant.

Frankly speaking, when I started to be an insurance agent, I was not quite ready for it. I know it's a chance for me to start my own business, build my own career, but I just didn't think I would enjoy the job. After I started the job, life is quite miserable for me. I want to be successful in the future, but on the other hand, I was so reluctant to make phone calls, make appointments, meeting up people, which are the basic things I need to do right now. It's like, I know what I need to do, but I don't want to do it, but I know if I don't do it, I won't be getting the result I want, but I want to have the result......I'll go insane to think about it. haha.

Last weekend I met up with a friend. We've shared some of our thought and phylosophy. I remember few things he told me:
1) Do your best and never lie to yourself. If you know you haven't done your best, do it. You can lie to the whole world, but don't lie to yourself.
2) Life is interesting. Everything happens in our life, we can see it in different angles. We can blame on everything, or we can learn something from the incident.
3) Successful people make decision based on long term result. People tend to make wrong decision if it was made based on short term result.
4) Expectation leads to dissapoinment. We always expect people to change to fit our expectation, and we always get dissapointed. But what we actually need to do is, ask ourselves: have I tried my best to help this person to improve? We need to focus on what we can do to help others, not what others should change to suit us.
We've talked for 4 hours that day, and that was only our first "so called appointment".

So, do my best and don't lie to myself.
Recently I've been busying on cold-calling ( go shop by shop to do prospecting ) with Chee Seong. Maybe the place we choose is right, maybe the timing is right, or maybe partner with him is right. I don't know.. But it brings us good result. The people we met are not bad, the response we've got also not bad, and we make some new friends, and the most important is, the result is not bad too.

So, I start to understand the meaning of don't lie to yourself, and align your thoughts and actions. Do what you need to do, and the result will come in time due. Sometimes we still get lazy. But when you realised you are getting lazy, please wake up and go do what you need to do!!
I'm starting to enjoy my job now. I'm not only building up the foundation of my future career, I also get to know more people and learn more from them. And the most important thing is.. I'm doing what I need to do.

Dear friends, I hope you all know what you need to do, and do your best.

No comments: